This post main contain affilited links that I earn from qualifying purchases. * represents affilied link, to read more visit my Disclosure page found in the footer section. Thank you for your support!
If you have noticed I am in love with all things facial tools and work! My latest addition to my facial tool collection is Wildling Beauty Facial Wand. Have you see in?
Like their Gua Sha stone this Facial wand is created from Bian stone which is an amalgamate of 40+ minerals. Bian stone was created after a meteor struck a mountain in China 65 million years ago. Isn't it crazy to think after that many years the Bian stone is still around! Anyways lets talk about what this Facial wand is good for and how to use it.
This Facial Wand is great to address muscle tension in the face, neck and jaw. Things like tension headaches, TMJ pain, sinus pressure & stiff neck can all be improved with using the facial wand. Think of this tool as more of a messaging tool. Last thing is this tool is great on it owns or can be paired with the Empress Stone (Gua Sha) for the ultimate facial message.
To use the tool you can hold it with the curve side facing towards your face and use pressure that feels good to you. Before you start be sure to unclench your jaw, drop your shoulders and take a deep breath! You want to be breathing the whole time, using oil on the face, clean hands and tool, are sitting up straight shoulders back and if you find any tight spots take time to go slowly and work them out.
- To use in the TMJ area place the tool about 1 inch inwards from your ear, right under your cheekbone. You will move in circular motions for at least 10 seconds, then move down a little and repeat. Once you have made it to your chin place the tool back where you started and gently drag down towards your neck. Repeat on the other side.
- To work the head area you will place the tool near the temples working in circular motions for at least 10 seconds, then move up towards the center of your head and repeat. Once you have made it to you center of your head, place the tool where you started and drag up and out towards back of head. Repeat on the other side.
- To work the eyes you want to be every so gentle, this area is sensitive and should only have light pressure applied. You will work in a circular going around your eye starting on the inside underneath going out. Follow the bone all the way to the eyebrow and finishing where you started. Picture yourself drawing a circle around your entire eye! Once you get back to where you started you will gently drag down towards the end of your nose. Repeat on the other side.
- To work sinuses place the tool next to your nose at the bottom and work in circular motions for at least 10 seconds, then move little by little underneath the cheekbone towards the ear and repeat. Once you get to your ear, place the tool where you started and drag it towards your ear following the same area you just worked. You will then place the tool next to your ear and jaw on your face working in circular motion for at least 10 seconds. Drag down ending at the collarbone. Once you are at the collarbone be sure to repeat the circular motion and repeat on the other side.
- To work the neck place the tool in the back of the neck at the bottom of your hair line, staying off the spine and working on each side. Working in dragging motion you will start at the back and work your way up towards your hair line. Continue this motion several times. Repeat on the other side.
- To use with Empress stone simply work all the area we have just discussed and then practice your gua sha routine. Looking for a Gua Sha Tutorial or more about Gua Sha check out my video here and blog here.
- Always drink a full glass of water afterwards and move the body for 5 mins. This will help flush everything you had just moved in the lymphatic system.
I hope that was helpful! If you are more of a visual learning check out my Facial Wand Tutorial here where I share how to work each of these areas step by step. If you are need of any facial tools from Wildling Beauty be sure to use code WILD10 for 10%, shop here.